Fun Art Professor - Inspiring & Nurturing Creativity in Young Children

Operational Info
Picture Books
The "Fun Art" of Writing
powered by

My Blog

Playdough Perfection

“What insane person invented glitter play-dough?”
                                   - Me

My older daughter was an angel for Halloween when she was five.

Like most little girls, she couldn't wait to try on the glitter speckled nylon mesh wings as soon as they arrived in the mail.

How cute.

How sweet.

How maddening when that glitter started cloning itself all over the house.

From that point on, glitter was officially banned in our home.

Even Christmas cards we received took a quick trip to the trash can if they were glitter laden.

So you can imagine how thrilled I was when my daughter received glitter play-dough as a birthday gift.
(If you can't figure it out, check out the above quote.)

Commercial Play-dough possesses enough annoying qualities of its own without adding glitter to it!  Besides the fact that its smell triggers my gag reflex, I also have a sneaking suspicion that it shares the "clone- ability DNA" with glitter.

But unlike glitter, play-dough was never banned because it has redeeming   creative qualities.

How cool are those fun factories?

And how about discovering very interesting abstract art installations on the bottom of your shoe?

A Perfect Playdough Recipe

Here is a lovely home-made play-dough recipe you can make with your child.

It has no smell and it doesn't seem to dry out when playing with it, leaving  those little chunks all over the place.

Let your child help you mix it up. That's half the fun.
Mix together:

1 cup of flour,
1/3 cup of salt
1 Tablespoon of vegetable oil
2 teaspoons of white vinegar
1/3 cup of water*

*For color in your dough, add about 1 tablespoon of food color to the water before you add the water to the other ingredients.

You can add more water if needed. Then knead it.
(pun intended)

Store the dough in an airtight container. You can add more water later if the dough dries out.
I have not tested how well this dough dries if you want to save a permanent sculpture. Let me know how it works if you try it out.

Cute Playdough Sculptures from Google Images

8 Comments to Playdough Perfection:

Comments RSS
Terri on Thursday, January 17, 2013 11:59 AM
When my kids were small, they had so much fun with playdough, but I never made my own! I'm going to keep this recipe for when I have grandbabies!!! Thanks!
Reply to comment

Molly on Monday, January 21, 2013 5:22 PM
I still have fun with play-dough and love to make all different creations at my house and in my grandma's workroom. In one of my art classes a couple of summers ago I made play-dough but I forgot the recipe. It is great to have it again!
Reply to comment

wycieczki do meksyku on Tuesday, June 24, 2014 11:43 AM
a idea and quite a few of everyone instant the capability restrictions of your artist but additionally refer to the smallest detail
Reply to comment

Cerise on Monday, July 28, 2014 2:28 PM
Haven't tried glitter play dough yet, but we had fun getting messy with Oobleck. Oobleck Recipe
Reply to comment

Look At THIS Site on Tuesday, August 12, 2014 5:46 PM
Erste aus, Kasse Status am Sportwetten und sehen angehen ihre Schulden .Allerdings Trotzdem , Boni sind nur im Grunde ein netter minimal hinzugefuegt anstelle von die wichtigste class und infolge Sie wollen nie kaum Basis a abgeschlossen endgueltige Entscheidung einfache Tatsache , das eine Person vorhanden eine grosszuegige bonus Plan es sei denn natuerlich Sie absolut sicher viele der richtige Behaelter .
Reply to comment

Die besten Sportwetten Website on Wednesday, August 13, 2014 10:25 AM
Bodog Geschenke eine wunderbare Einkommen bonus Voraus auf Ihrem ohne dollar limit beschraenken. Sie haben meisten Wettern.
Reply to comment

Merry Era on Monday, May 29, 2017 10:48 AM
This is really brilliant reading about Student activities as well. I have pleased to read the entirety of the post and learn a lot of new things through the post about fun and creative activity. If you need creative writing just visit http://mathinthecloud.com/ Can't wait to share the post on my twitter page to see my friends. Thank you so much and keep posting things like this. Have a good day!
Reply to comment

get professional resume on Saturday, September 09, 2017 12:40 AM
Playdough perfection kis a type of perfect playing and have a large amount of knowing experience as well as have a lot of information about that play.A person will least be part of a play by doing a high rated performance in it.
Reply to comment